Robert J. Harrison
Professor of Voice-Emeritus (2015), Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University Bloomingtion
D.M.A., University of Arizona, 1986
B.A., Milton College, 1971
- Freelance chorister, NYC, under Leonard Bernstein, Robert Shaw, Leopold Stokowski, Dave Brubeck, Gregg Smith, and Eve Queler.
- Performer at The White House for President Richard Nixon.
- Former professor, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- National meeting performances at: National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS), College Music Society(CMS), Midwest Historical Keyboard Society (MHKS).
- Master Teacher, NATS Mentoring Program
- Master classes and presentations at American Academy (Rome),Unversidad Nacional de San Juan (Argentina), American University (Cairo), Real Conservatorio Superior de Musica (Madrid), Conservatori de Musica del Liceu (Barcelona),Hochschule für Musik-Hanns Eisler (Berlin), Festival Internacional de Inverno de Campos do Jordão (Brazil).
- Student winners/performances: Truman Scholar Award, Metropolitan Opera National Council, Denver Lyric Opera Guild, San Francisco Opera, Palm Beach Opera
- Appearances on Broadway, Music Academy of the West, with Komische OperBerlin, Chicago Lyric Opera, Atlanta Opera, San Francisco Opera, Utah Opera, Central City Opera, Cincinnati Orchestra, Opera Colorado, Staatsoper Hamburg, Opera New Jersey, New York City Opera, Santa Fe Opera, Glimmerglass, Seattle Opera, Ohio Light Opera, Boston Symphony, New York Philharmonic, Tanglewood, Philadelphia Orchestra, Caramoor Festival, Aldeburgh Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival of Lincoln Center, and PBS Great Performances.
- Full time choristers within the chorus of the Metropolitan Opera
- Two students, Two IMG Artists. Students teaching within U.S. colleges and universities, including Baylor University and Westminster Choir College.
- Dr Harrison is one of the ten voice teachers featured in Robin Rice’s recent book, GREAT TEACHERS ON GREAT SINGING.
- He, with his wife, are retired and residing in Castle Pines, CO, near their much loved two grandchildren.