Final Date for Applications: Postmarked or sent via email by Friday, January 5, 2024 (including letters of recommendation). No extensions. No exceptions!
Download the application at the link below OR fill out the entire application and submit online (via this page).
Have questions? Please email or call Karen Bruggenthies at 303.550.1863 or email@example.com
Applicants must submit:
1. Completed application
2. Proof of age – copy of driver’s license, birth certificate or passport. The age limit is: age 23-32 as of February 1, 2024; no
age waivers are granted.
3. One 8 ½” x 11″ photocopy of a head shot with your name and address on the back or may be attached to your online
4. Two signed and dated letters of recommendation from a vocal coach or teacher, written within the last year or equivalent type of recommendation. If you were a candidate in either of the past two years you need not send new letters of recommendation.
5. A $55 non-refundable application fee, check or money order made out to DLOG; checks that do not clear will result in the
applicant’s disqualification. A credit card payment option through Stripe will be available on our application form.
6. A copy of your student ID or copy of employment contract if you are currently enrolled in an accredited Colorado college or
university or an active member of an accredited Colorado opera company young artist program.
Proof of Colorado residency if you are a permanent Colorado resident attending an accredited college or university outside of
the state of Colorado or if you reside in the state of Colorado but are not currently attending a Colorado college or university.
If you fall into either of these categories you must have established Colorado residency as of July 31, 2023 to be eligible for
the Competition. A Colorado driver’s license, automobile registration, voter registration, or other appropriate documentation
may be submitted as proof of residency.
7. Non-citizens of the USA must show proof of one-year residency or proof of enrollment in a Colorado college or university. If
you are a student, please include a copy of your student ID.
Please submit all of these additional documents by email or mail.
Denver Lyric Opera Guild c/o Karen Bruggenthies
4692 S. Field Street
Denver, CO 80123
- Incomplete or illegible applications will not be considered.
- Any misrepresentation on the application will be cause for disqualification without benefit of appeal.
- Applicants who are accepted or rejected for the competition will be notified by January 26, 2024. If you are rejected, your
application fee will be refunded.
- Former first place winners or three-time winners of one of the top 10 DLOG awards may not apply.
- Applicants must have a musical background, voice training and the ability to sing correctly in at least three languages.
- The Competition Committee reserves the right to limit the number of candidates by screening applicants based upon
information supplied in the application. Applicants will be judged on their recommendations, their education, the roles
they have learned and the arias they have selected. All decisions are at the sole discretion of the Competition Committee
and are final.
JUDGES: We will engage three judges for each round of the Competition.
MASTER CLASS: A Master Class conducted by John Lindsey – Assistant Professor of Music at Colorado State University will be held at Calvary Baptist Church on Saturday, February 17, 2024 starting at 9:00 a.m.